Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact Jonrie Designs, LLC?
- We’re a Colorado local business that directly answers your calls. When you call it goes directly to Brie at (719) 203-2113. We strive to return phone calls within 24 hours (M-F) however during our busy season it might take a little longer. Also feel free to Email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What areas do we service?
- We are based out of Monument, CO but currently travel to all areas within the state. There could be an additional ‘Travel Charge’ to some areas of the State.
How does the process work for securing services to build a Custom Clubhouse?
- We work with each Customer differently. Some call us and know exactly what they want and we’ve been able to book it in less than 5 minutes and other Customers take weeks to get their design squared away. Either way, we’ll walk you through the process in whichever way you feel the most comfortable. You can send in drawings, pictures, thoughts, etc. along with details of what’s the most important to you via phone, email or text. Brie will work to get your design set up and book you on the calendar.
Does someone come out and take a look at our yard, give ideas or just to say “Hi”?
- 95% of the builds we do, Jonathan never sees the property first. However, we do have the 5% of people who have an odd-shaped yard, questionable slope, need ideas or just want to meet one of the faces behind the builds prior to install. Since this is not required, we do charge a fee to have him come out and do an ‘on-site estimate’. If you choose to use our services within 30 days, a portion of that fee will be credited towards your final purchase price. Since our services book up fast in the Spring/Summer, an ‘on site estimate’ is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed during our peak season.
How fast do you book up?
- This ranges depending on the time of year. March-September is considered our peak clubhouse season. During this time we book up 2 weeks-2 months in advance. Each year it is different but tend to notice when our Colorado weather gets to be consistently warm we tend to book up faster. During October-February, we do continue to build clubhouses but there usually isn’t much of a wait-list.
What is required to get locked in on the Wait-list?
- If we are operating on a waitlist & you’re unsure of the exact set you’re wanting to go with, we do allow you to reserve you spot on the list with a $500 non-refundable/non-transferable payment (applied towards total) to get you locked in on the wait-list while you decide on a design. Depending on availability, this gives us time to go over the details of your build. Our suggestions are, if you know you want to use our services, make the payment to get locked in. If you’re in question on using our services (waiting for HOA approval, debating services, etc), do not make this payment as it is non-refundable or non-transferable. If you know what you want and to lock in pricing, a signed contract & 60% of the total cost is due. The 40% balance is due upon arrival for the work.
Are there any additional charges to the estimate prices?
- Since we don’t do onsite visits for 95% of our builds, there could be additional charges at time of install. However, this is not very common but does happen. The items listed below are a good reference for the more common charges but there are others that are less common and not listed below. A good rule of thumb is ANYTHING that causes additional time, labor and/or materials could have an additional charge. Please make sure your site is easily accessible with a blank area to build.
- Estimate details can change without notice at any point. Contract details/prices are locked in for 10 days before signed by the Customer. However your wait-list position is not locked in until the signed contract & initial payment has been received.
- Travel Charge: There could be an additional travel charge depending on your location and days needed to complete your build. This charge is included if noted “Installed in (your city/zip)” on the estimate/contract. We try to include this charge if we’re aware of your location at the time the estimate is given.
- The only other charges that could be added to the estimated price would be ‘Difficulty to Access the Building Location’, ‘Additional Leveling’, ‘Additional Labor to Prep’ or ‘Contract Changes’.
- Difficulty to Access Building Location: There could be an additional cost if the build site is further than 150’ from drop of trailer and/or 100’ from exterior outlet. Other examples but certainly not limited to are hurdles in the yard (landscaping, trash or any obstacles), street only parking (usually in downtown areas), extreme slope to deliver materials (in vehicle or on foot). Keep in mind that usually hundreds and/or thousands of pounds of lumber have to be hand carried to your build location so anything that will cause additional time could incur this additional charge.
- Additional Leveling: There could be additional cost at time of install if there is a slope greater than 6″. If an additional cost is incurred, this is done at time of install and usually capped at $100 per 2 posts, up to 10″. Leveling over 10″ will be accessed a higher ‘to be determined’ additional charge.
- Additional Labor to Prep: Includes moving or attending to any kind of current ground cover, trees, obstacles in the way, children, animals and more.
- Contract Changes: These charges rarely happen but they are clarified in the contract & consist of any other unexpected issues/changes clarified in the contract.
What are the payment terms?
- Under $10,000 Sets: Payment terms are $500 due to lock in on wait-list while we finalize the design, once established the balance of 60% is due & the balance is paid upon arrival for installation. If you know the design you want, we require 60% down and the balance is paid upon arrival for installation. We do accept cash, check, or credit card.
- Under $20,000 Sets: Payment terms are $1,000 due to lock in on wait-list while we finalize the design, once established the balance of 60% is due & the balance is paid upon arrival for installation. If you know the design you want, we require 60% down and the balance is paid upon arrival for installation. We do accept cash, check, or credit card.
- Above $20,000 Sets: Call for details.
- Out of State Builds: Payment terms are $2,500 due to lock in on wait list while we finalize the design. Once established travel, materials & labor costs are divided up throughout the length of the build. Details will be discussed at time of contract.
Do we assemble other Manufacturers sets or add on to other existing sets?
- Unfortunately, no. We are a Licensed & Insured service provider that builds custom designed clubhouses. Due to liability, we do not add on to other existing sets.
How much space do I need to have a clubhouse built?
- There needs to be a minimum of 6′ of clearance around the perimeter of the equipment. If you purchase a 4’x4′ clubhouse with an 8′ swing beam, footprint of the set will be 4’+8’=12′ by 4′. This does not include anything other than the structure like entries & exits, etc.
Space Needed – 8′ Swing
Space Needed – 5×5 8′ Swing
What type of lumber do we use?
- Our primary lumber that we use is Pressure Treated Lumber. In 2003, the use or harmful arsenic was banned for residential use and is NOT used. Our treated lumber is #2 Grade allows wane, approved for ground contact and fresh-water immersion applications, treatment meets AWPA (American Wood Protection Association) standards, limited lifetime warranty that protects against rot, decay, and wood ingesting insects (from manufacturer), pre-applied attractive Brown color; easily painted or stained: recommended to wait a minimum of 60 days after installation, safe for use around humans, pets, plants, and vegetables, specie of product is Southern yellow pine, HT (Heat Treatment) on grade mark: wood is subjected to high temperature kilns before treatment.
- We do offer Cedar built sets that are approx double in price. Please contact Brie to get an exact price for different lumber.
Do I need a level area?
- No, we include ‘standard leveling’ in all our builds. However, there could be additional cost at time of install if there is a slope greater than 6″. If an additional cost is incurred, this is done at time of install and usually ranges between $50-$100 per 2 posts, up to 10″. Leveling over 10″ will be accessed a higher ‘to be determined’ additional charge.
How many years will my children play on their clubhouse?
- Each child is different so we cannot guarantee how long your children will play. However, we build to accommodate 2-13 years of age. We do suggest changing up the accessories for birthdays or holidays to help change it up over the years.
Are the sets able to be moved to a different home?
- Yes! Our sets are built level so they can be moved to another yard. Depending on your former or new land, the swing beam might need to be slightly adjusted. We have sold several clubhouses of our own and each has been moved differently. However, just remember that your set is a ‘custom build’ so there are no instructions or kits to help with the disassemble/reassemble process. All warranties & liability are void on a clubhouse that has been moved since the time of install.
Do you provide a moving service if we should move?
- At this time, we do not offer this service. There are several options. 1) move the clubhouse 2) sell the clubhouse to another family & have us rebuild the new one 3) leave the clubhouse to the new Home Owner & have us rebuild a new one
What type of ground surface should be under the clubhouse?
- We do recommend using a minimum of 6″ of playground mulch, pea gravel, sand or rubber mulch. Please install AFTER the build is complete, there could be an additional charge for moving these items if installed prior to the build.
What is the maintenance needed for a set?
- Like anything you put outside 365 days out of the year, it will show wear and tear and needs to be taken care of to assist in the aging process. At a minimum, we recommend applying a water-repellent on it once the wood has dried out. The best way to determine if it’s dried out is to put water on the set, if it beads up than it is not ready. If the water absorbs, it is ready to be protected. Regular maintenance will lengthen the life and durability of the set, maintain appearance & protect against splitting, bowing and checking. Most local hardware stores can advise you on the best product to use. The Customer is encouraged to tighten all screws & bolts within 1, 2, 6 & 12 months of install & periodically throughout the life of the set, at a minimum of 1x a year, after the first year.
What should I do to make sure the area is safe for my kids and friends?
- The area needs to be inspected regularly to make sure the set is secure, safe & in good working function. Proper maintenance, good rules and constant supervision is required to assist with the safety on and around the set for children, adults & pets. We recommend that each Customer review the “Outdoor Home Playground Safety Checklist” from the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (cpsc.gov). Click here to see the full ‘Outdoor Home Playground Safety Handbook’ (link could change without notice).
What is the warranty on a clubhouse?
- We offer a 30 day structural warranty only, caused by faulty craftsmanship on the set. With any type of wood product, unforeseen bowing, cracking, splitting or twisting are unpredictable & might take place after the time of install; this is not covered under our warranty. After your warranty has expired, we do offer a service of coming back to your set and doing repairs & maintenance for a low cost fee (travel charge plus materials/time needed). Accessories are warranted at the Manufacturers terms, conditions & discretion. Most accessories are covered from 1 year to lifetime warranty. Please contact the Manufacturer direct for any warranty availability.
- Some of our competitors advertise an extensive warranty on their sets. We always encourage our Customers to read the fine print & reviews on their warranties. You will notice that our warranties are very similar. We just like to be honest up front.
What type of wood protector should I use?
- Most local hardware stores can make suggestions on the best way to take care of your set.
What is the weight limit?
- The clubhouses have not been officially weight rated but many sets have been tested with several average sized adults in them. The accessories we use do have weight limits, please contact Brie for the individual details depending on what accessories you have/want.
What other Customers are saying about Jonrie Designs, LLC?
- We have several different ways you can find our references. 1. Click to see our References on our website 2. Check out our ‘A Rated’ profile on Angie’s List 3. See our ‘Why Choose Us’ photo album on our Facebook page.
Don’t see a specific question answered here?
- We’d love to hear from you!